Creamy Cauliflower Mash with Keto Gravy Recipe
This recipe is one of the best ways to use your cauliflower, and it features keto gravy. The alternative to cauliflower mash is potato mash, and you make both with the same method. But what makes cauliflower better is that it is lower in net carbs at 6 net carbs per cup compared to potato’s 22 net carbs per cup, which is over what you need as a keto dieter.
Making this cauliflower mash is easy, as all you have to do is boil your cauliflower and pour in a processor to make a silky smooth blend. Also, it blends more with the ingredients and is also creamier, plus it’s lighter than potato.
The keto gravy is not only for this cauliflower mash, but it also goes perfectly with chicken and turkey, and every other gravy-friendly meal.
Creamy Cauliflower Mash with Keto Gravy
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Creamy Cauliflower Mash
- 5 cups of chopped cauliflowers
- 4 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of parmesan
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons of rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon of pepper
- Some salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups of drippings or stock
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of Xanthium gum to bind the ingredients
- Start by chopping up five cups of raw cauliflower
- Put enough water to cover the cauliflower in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower and boil either for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower becomes tender.
- Drain the cauliflower and pour in the processor.
- Over medium heat, cook butter, rosemary, and garlic in a saucepan until you start perceiving the fragrance.
- Add the melted mixture of butter, rosemary, and garlic into the processor. Process until the mixture is well combined.
- Add salt, pepper, cream, and parmesan to the processor and pulse several times until you get a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Taste to measure the saltiness. Serve warm
- Over medium heat, combine the butter, cream, and broth/drippings in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add pepper and Xanthium gum.
- Continue stirring the gravy until it becomes thick and reduces to your desired consistency. Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition (per serving of cauliflower mash)
- Calories: 173.75cals
- Fat: 15.25g
- Carbs: 6.25g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 4g
- Net carbs: 3.75g
Nutrition (per serving of gravy)
- Calories: 215cals
- Fat: 24.75g
- Carbs: 2.25g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Net carbs: 2.25g
This creamy cauliflower mash and gravy is the perfect keto meal. It is low-carb, nutritious, delicious and light on the stomach. The gravy is exceptional and can also be used on many other keto foods of choice.