The regular pinwheels most people know about are made from tortillas, but not this one. However, the recipe is so delicious you won’t know its missing the tortillas. While it’s perfectly okay to use low-carb tortillas for pinwheels since that’s what some people love, these cream cheese and salami keto pinwheels use meat instead of tortillas, and heck! Are they not super yummy?
In this fantastic recipe, you will find cream cheese, pepperoni and genoa salami, pickles, pepper jack cheese to spice things up a bit. You are definitely going to love every bit of this one, trust me…
SEE ALSO: How to Make Vegified Mini Meatloaves
Low Carb Keto Cream Cheese and Salami Keto Pinwheels
Recipe yield: 20 pieces
- 8-10 thin slices of pepperoni and genoa salami, or more
- 1 80oz. block cream cheese
- 4 tablespoon pickles, finely diced
- Warm cream cheese until it reaches room temperature, which is about 73 degrees Fahrenheit or about 21 degrees Celsius. Then whip until it turns fluffy.
- In the center of a large piece of plastic wrap, spread the warm cream cheese in a quarter of an inch-thick rectangle.
- Over the cream cheese rectangle, spread the pickles.
- Place pepperoni and genoa salami over the cream cheese so that the layers overlap to cover the cream cheese completely.
- Take another piece of plastic wrap and place over the layer of salami, then press down gently.
- Flip over the entire rectangle so that the cream cheese at the bottom is now at the top.
- Gently, peel off the plastic wrap away from the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Slowly, start rolling the rectangle into a log shape, taking care to remove the plastic wrap at the bottom as you proceed.
- In a tight plastic wrap, place the pinwheel in the fridge for a minimum of four hours, preferably at night.
- Slice up into desired thickness, and enjoy!
Per serving of pinwheel
- Calories: 47
- Fat: 4.2
- Carbs: 0.8
Simple right? These extremely low-carb keto cream cheese and salami keto pinwheels are so easy to make and make a delightful meal you can enjoy anytime.