How to Make Flavorful Keto Vegan Alfredo
Are you on a vegan diet? Or your system is intolerant to lactose? Well, leaving out dairy doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy exciting and super-tasty low carb meals like the Vegan Alfredo. It is a fantastic meal that comes with a lot of cream and richly satisfying flavor.
When we talk about flavor, this recipe packs an impressive array of ingredients including cauliflower, garlic, pine nuts, and Italian seasoning to get your taste buds super-excited.
The recipe starts with the heating of the olive oil, pine nuts and garlic over medium heat until you get a golden brown color in the garlic. Add other ingredients and cook for some minutes and your food is ready! This vegan Alfred combines perfectly with gluten-free pasta or zucchini noodles.
Vegan Alfredo Recipe
Total cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and smashed
- 2 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons each of salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons each of basil and oregano
- For 3-4 minutes, cook the olive oil, pine nuts, and garlic in a medium-sized pot over medium heat or until the garlic becomes golden brown.
- Add the almond milk and bring the pot to a boil.
- Adjust the heat to medium, and add the cauliflower and spices into the pot. Cook for about 8 minutes or until the cauliflower becomes soft.
- Pour the content of the pot into a high-powered blender along with the nutritional yeast and lemon juice. Blend on high until the mixture is smooth.
- Serve with zucchini noodles or gluten-free pasta and a topping of fresh basil.
You can also use any veggie that you prefer. Just be creative.