How to Make Healthy Chicken Satay Stir-Fry at Home
Why order home delivery when you can quickly make this healthy chicken satay stir-fry at home? Add some cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles to get off some calories.
On their own, chicken satay and stir-fries make excellent dishes, but their combination is out of the world. Mind you, this recipe has some sugar, but you are still going to get the maximum benefits from it.
Here are some tips to keep handy as we go. Freeze your chicken for about 15 minutes to make it easier to cut them into thin strips. Also, you can make your work easier by buying shredded carrots. To make the dish lighter, you can substitute rice for cucumber noodles, cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.
Healthy Chicken Satay Stir-fry
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Times: 15 minutes
Ingredients – Healthy Chicken Satay Stir-fry
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, thinly sliced, with pepper and salt to season.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds and green onion, optional to garnish
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons of water
- 4 tablespoons of sriracha
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup of coconut milk
- 2/3 cup of creamy peanut butter
- Over medium heat, place one tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add your seasoned chicken breasts to cook. Then remove to set aside.
- In a medium pot, add the sauce ingredients and allow to simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat. Remove from the heat, and let the sauce thicken for about 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, place one tablespoon olive oil for sautéing the shredded carrots, onion, red pepper, and yellow pepper until they become tender.
- Pour the cooked chicken into the pan containing the vegetables; add the sauce, and some sesame oil. Then toss until well combined. If you so desire, garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions. Serve on top of rice, cauliflower rice, or zucchini noodles.
You want to eat healthy and delicious meals? Then try out this amazingly yummy chicken satay! It’s full of chicken and vegetables in the right proportions to supply you the essentials of a keto diet.