This simple soup makes an excellent lunch or dinner when paired with sprouted bread, or as an appetizer to a multi-course meal. While there are many canned soups you can buy at the store, you are better off making your onion soup with this super easy recipe.
Onions are little, but they pack a powerful punch. They are chock full of potent antioxidants that reduce the oxidative effects of free radicals, reduce inflammation, control blood sugar levels, and are thought to lower the risk of cancer.
Onion soup recipe
- Cooking time: 45-60 minutes
- Serving: 6-8 persons
- 4 large peeled onions, sliced thin
- Chicken bone broth, 2 cups
- Beef bone broth, 2 cups
- Garlic cloves 5 (chopped)
- Gee, 4 tablespoons
- Black pepper and sea salt to season
- Pour the ghee and thinly sliced onions in a stock pot to melt over medium heat.
- Cook the onions until slightly caramelized.
- Add the garlic and bone broth.
- Add the pepper and salt to taste.
- Allow the mixture to boil, then reduce the heat and allow to cool for about 30-50 minutes. The longer you let to simmer, the better the flavor.
- Calories: 223
- Protein: 16.75 grams
- Fat: 11.57 grams
- Vitamin B12: (27 percent DV) 27 micrograms
- Vitamin B6: (19 percent DV) 0.248 mg milligrams
- Carbs: 9.27 grams
- Fiber: 1.5 grams
- Sodium: (36 percent DV) 542 milligrams
- Vitamin A: (13 percent DV) 308 IUs
- Vitamin C: (9 percent DV) 7 milligrams
- Manganese: 0.154 milligrams
The nutritional content of this little soup is worth more than any soup you would get from the store. It’s loaded with bone broth, which is an excellent natural immune booster. The recipe doesn’t use butter to make it free of any dairy products. Instead, ghee is used, so you don’t have to worry if you are lactose intolerant or casein sensitive.
SEE ALSO: Keto Spinach Artichoke Chicken Recipes
This soup is easy to make and will save you a lot of bucks. All you need is five easy to get ingredients, and your nutritious onion soup is ready.