Recipes for Keto Reuben Skillet
Are you looking for a creative way to use your stockpile of corned beef? This recipe will surely make your corned beef worth every penny. You all know the evergreen Reuben sandwich, don’t you? This recipe (for Reuben Skillet) is a keto spinoff of that favorite sandwich, and it promises to be a yummy, nutritious, and effortless delicacy. With this recipe, you are getting an excellent mix of corned beef, cheese, and all the tantalizing flavors sans the carbs. It is easy to make, and you are definitely going to love it.
Keto Reuben Skillet – Breakfast
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 2 persons
- Corned beef, 2/3 lb.
- Butter, 2 tablespoons
- Drained sauerkraut, 9 oz.
- Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon
- Mayonnaise, 1/2 cup
- 1 dill pickle
- Swiss cheese, 4 oz.
Keto Reuben Skillet Directions
- Over medium-low heat, melt the butter in a skillet.
- Add the corned beef to the butter and fry with care. Drain the sauerkraut and squeeze it thoroughly to get as much liquid out of it as possible. When it is sufficiently drained, pour it evenly in the skillet.
- Put small amounts of mustard at different spots in the sauerkraut. Put some slices of Swiss cheese, then heat up the mixture to melt the cheese a little. If you are in haste, you can cover the pan to make the cooking faster.
- Serve with dill pickles, mayo, and some mustard if you like.
If you don’t like corned beef, you can substitute it for deli roast beef, pastrami, and cooked brisket, or sliced turkey. Also, you don’t have to buy canned corned beef for this recipe, or even any other recipe. You can buy your beef and make your corned beef by dicing the meat to the appropriate size. You may also use mozzarella or Muenster as a substitute for Swiss cheese.
If you miss your Reuben skillet like crazy, worry no more. This keto version is just like the original, only a lot healthier.