The Ultimate Keto Buns
Have you been trying to make your buns keto-style without much success? Don’t worry! Here are the ultimate keto buns that come at incredible 1.33g net carbs per bun! It is so easy to make you only need 5 minutes prep time, and there are no complicated ingredients in the recipe. But you might need a stick blender or magic bullet to make this bun. However, you may also try a stand mixer or blender to see if it works. You won’t be adding baking powder to the batter as it makes it rise too much.
This recipe makes 6 buns, but you can pour the batter into 4 molds to make 4 thicker buns. The recipe includes 4 eggs which give it an egg flavor, but you can add some seeds or onion flakes to reduce the egg taste. If you like, you can add flax seeds or any seeds of choice.
You can toast this bun with your favorite fillings, and they can also be frozen for toasting in the future. If you make them plain without any seeds, you could add a little butter or mayo to enjoy.
The Ultimate Keto Buns
- Calories: 230 kcal
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 26 minutes
- Total time: 31 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Eggs – 4
- Melted lard – 4 tablespoon. You can also use beef tallow or unsalted butter
- Blanched almond flour – 100 grams
- Onion flakes – 1 tablespoon
- Black sesame seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Rosemary – 1 tablespoon
- Himalayan salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- White sesame seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Preheat your oven to 430 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pour the eggs and melted lard into the stick blender beaker. Add every other ingredient including the salt into the liquid. Place the stick blender into the beaker. Pulse 5-10 times until you get a thoroughly mixed batter.
- Portion equal amounts into 6 silicone muffin mold. Now is the time to sprinkle some sesame seeds on each bun if you desire. Use 4 molds if you prefer your buns thicker. Bake for 26 minutes. Retrieve from the oven and allow to cool completely before you start cutting.
Don’t add baking powder or they will rise like something that is preparing to erupt.
They taste better as leftovers. Store in a Ziploc and refrigerate for future use, but make sure to slice them before freezing.
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Keto Buns
- Calories: 230
- Calories from Fat: 187
- Total Fat: 20.82g 32% DV
- Saturated Fat: 7.o9g 35% DV
- Cholesterol: 161 mg 54% DV
- Sodium: 241 mg 10% DV
- Total Carbs: 3.99g 1% DV
- Dietary fiber: 2.1g 8% DV
- Sugars: 0.91g
- Protein: 8.45g 17% DV
Snacking just got a lot healthier. These keto buns are low-carb, and can be enjoyed just like their regular counterparts, but with more nutrients and less of the sticky and sugary stuff. The best part is, you can toast them with eggs or any other filling you desire.